St. Paul Catholic Newman Center
High School Confirmation Program
2015 – 2016
Confirmation “unites us more solidly to Christ. It completes our bond with the Church and gives us the special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith…” - Pope Francis
The Confirmation Program at St. Paul Catholic Newman Center is student centered with the goal to help young people make a choice to be lifelong Disciples of Jesus.
- We believe that each child from the moment of conception is on a path to knowing and following Jesus.
- We take delight in them and strive to help them find their God given gift to build of the Kingdom of God.
- We strive to create an atmosphere of openness and acceptance, free of judgments so all may feel welcome to share and define their Catholic Christian life in the Church and the world.
- We hope to open the eyes and ears of the students to the cries of the poor. As they are transformed by an attitude of service the Mission of Christ will become theirs and change the world bit by bit.
- We understand that our young people live in a very busy world connected to everything and everyone but often feel disconnected for this reason we provide a retreat for both first and second years. The retreat is a major part of the Confirmation experience and we ask that it be attended each year. If it is impossible to attend please have your child talk to Sister Kathleen.
- We see the young people as the future of the Catholic Church and we ask that you support them in their growth as members of the Church by weekly attendance at Mass.
The Confirmation Program is a two-year program with a fee of $100 for registered members of St Paul’s and $125 for all others. The forms and dates are on line at www.csufnewman.com. The First Class for the 2015/16 will be on September 13, 2015 beginning at 4:45pm in Cardinal Newman Hall and end at 6:45pm.
For further information please contact Sister Kathleen Drilling, SSND -559-436-3434 ext.104 - email@example.com
All forms available at the front desk during office hours
Registration forms are to be turned in at the Front Desk along with the registration fee.
2014 Good Friday Passion Retreat - Confirmation Students