St. Paul Catholic Newman Center’s Peace and Justice Ministry is committed to living and sharing our Catholic faith’s rich tradition of social justice. The U.S. Bishops’ 1993 letter, “Communities of Salt and Light”, tells us that the pursuit of social justice is at the very core of what it means to be a Catholic Parish. Papal encyclicals, Vatican II, and the pastoral letters from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops provide these seven themes to live out our faith in community:
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Care of God’s Creation
Meetings are held on the first and third Thursday of the month at 7:00PM.
For further information contact Bill Simon at email@example.com or 227-6565.